Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Local Man's Car Starts

Clinton, TN – This morning, the 2005 Ford Focus registered to Jim Rogers started with no problems and transported him 3.8 miles in sixteen minutes of travel time to his place of employment.  The 33 year old manager of Stop & Shop was very pleased as he ran slightly later than usual in his morning routine.  “Well, I usually take a shower at night but I was just so tired so I waited til the morning,” Rogers told us.  “It was a quick shower too.  I didn’t even wash my hair.” 

With a shower added into his usual repertoire, Rogers was just so fortunate that his car started so quickly.  Had he been late for work, cashiers with any customer miscommunication would have no one to assist them in such debacles.  “I really am very important.  Miles, [one of the clerks], is a 16 year old high school dropout.  He’s bound to do something wrong.”

Rogers continued to tell us that his car had never actually given him any trouble starting.  “It starts just fine every time and I’ve actually never had any problems with it at all. It’s a Ford though so you never know.  A Ford was definitely not my first choice.”  He then pulled out a list that he had in his pocket describing his top choices of cars.  Ford was listed 23rd out of 25 – only behind Geo and Oldsmobile. 

“Even though my car has started perfectly every morning, it is a blessing that it did today.  With a Ford in my driveway, I never know what will happen in the morning.”  Hopefully all Ford drivers had the same luck this morning but as we know with Ford, that is doubtful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment