Monday, October 15, 2012

Repairman Finds Hammer


Carlsbad, New Mexico – A local repairman from Harris and Sons Co Inc ™ arrived at a job on Sunday afternoon to repair some shudders.  Panic set in upon arrival as Louis Harris realized he did not have his hammer.  “The primary tool that I needed to use to fix these shudders was my hammer,” Harris exclaimed.  “There were some nails that needed to be hammered.”

Harris told us that his company believes it is unethical to ask his customer if he can borrow a hammer, but he decided to do it anyways.  “He came in our house and asked to borrow our hammer.  I was kind of surprised he didn't have his own,” Gloria Peterson told us regarding Harris’ unethical decision. “Unfortunately, I don’t own one.”

Harris went along and began his projected completing as much as he could without the assistance of his hammer.  “I called my brother and asked if he could bring me one but he was fixing someone’s toilet,” Harris said.

After completing all he could without his hammer, Harris checked his bag one more time. “It had been in my bag all along.  Somehow I missed it.” 

All it took was a double-checking of his bag to realize he had his hammer all along.  Not only was Harris so relieved to have his hammer, he repaired all ten shudders on the house.  After his job was complete, he hammered 47 nails into an extra piece of wood just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment