Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mother Explains To Daughter That Lost Was Not A Reality Show

Wisner, LA – Seventeen year old Carmen Aimwell picked up the full six season box set of LOST three days before her appointment to get her wisdom teeth removed. “I love reality shows and I was looking for a new show like ‘Survivor,’” Aimwell explained. With the wisdom teeth operation only days away, it was wise of Aimwell to plan ahead as bed rest is common after this procedure.

She completed all 25 episodes of the first season in just three days. As the season came to a close, she immediately began season two, devastated that many died in the crash, but also thrilled about the large number of survivors. “I was getting ready to call for help for the poor survivors but I knew there were still five seasons to go so I’m sure they get rescued or they wouldn’t put this on TV,” Aimwell told us.

Aimwell watched season two in just two days and was just in shock that nobody had come to rescue these unfortunate victims of Oceanic flight 815. She was so impressed with the way the survivors had adapted to the island and their ability to divvy up a limited supply of food. Knowing there were still four seasons to go, she could not wait any longer and told her mother that she was going to do something about this.

“I called the police but they hung up on me,” Aimwell proclaimed. “I figured since the accident was out of Wisner, LA, they had no jurisdiction so I went online to try to call Oceanic [airlines] but I could not find a phone number so I called American Airlines instead.”

With the police and American Airlines unable to help Aimwell, she asked her mother for advice. “I explained to her over and over again that LOST is just a television program but she just yelled at me and said she knows that. I told her it’s not real and they are just actors,” Aimwell’s mother, Lucy said. “She just wouldn’t listen and I didn’t know what to do.”

Since the survivors were even unsure of their exact location, Aimwell knew she would be unable to track them down but she would not give up. “I figured the best thing to do for now was just watch season three,” she supposed. Season three frightened the seventeen year old more than any other season knowing all about what the others were capable of. “I was just like so insanely worried about Jack and Kate! I mean, what if something happens to them?”

Aimwell’s mother finally convinced her daughter to watch all six seasons before continuing her rescuing rampage. Aimwell did not leave her room for the next 36 hours, watching the final three seasons straight through. “I was more confused than school,” Aimwell said. What we think she meant by that was that the ending of LOST confused her more than school confuses her. “I am not really sure how they got rescued but at least they all went to church together in the end! I just think it would have been nice if they showed how they got rescued,” Aimwell told us.

Her mother did never get her point across that LOST was not a reality show, but was pleased her daughter gave up in attempting her own rescue mission for those ill-fated survivors. Aimwell finally said “I can’t believe those people really went through all that. I wonder what happened to the dog.”

No comments:

Post a Comment